Most populár

2010. március 17., szerda

Freedom

Utopia. Freedom. Rules.

Three words that came up more than a couple of times the last weeks. 

Now as a foreword I must say: I do not pretend to know what is good for you. But a lot of times I see people struggling in their lives and I see that I went through the same and I found a solution so I could help them – but I can help only to those who want it. And also: it was my way and so I know only my way, but I may have some pointers that can show the way how to help yourself. Because only you can help yourself. I repeat: only you can help yourself. If you want to.

What if we don’t need rules, but we only need to follow our hearts? If we are able to really be quiet inside we can hear what our heart is whispering to us. If we can dwell in total stillness we can even hear that it is singing a tune. Each heart is singing a different tune. And all these tunes are in harmony. Because all of them are about love as our heart is where love dwells. But many of us didn’t learn how to listen to the tune of our hearts. 

Wouldn’t it be great if we had no rules except to follow our hearts? Isn’t the heart always leading us to be there for each other, to pay attention to each other, to care about each other, to treat others as we would like to be treated? 

But how often do we fail to listen to this sound that always tells us what is best to do? How often do we say: oh, come on, shut up, it will be good this way too – although there IS that silent voice pointing you the loving way, the loving action. 

Yet the heart always tells us what is best to do and we can rely on that leading. Because it is coming out of love. 

Let’s take a very simple example: cleaning. Don’t your heart and body wish to experience order? Just niceness. Don’t your eyes wish to see a nice, tidy place, where you feel good hanging around or working or if you just pass by it is nice to see? So if you can hear that calling, you can create order for yourself. And isn’t your heart saying: well I can clean up after myself, ONLY what I made dirty. – Wouldn’t it be order if everyone would think and ACT like that? Or even isn’t your heart saying: well, someone left a cup there – I might wash it because I want to see order.

See, it is NOT about waiting for others to do their job. But it is about You and only You alone, that you do your job. Even if someone else doesn’t. 

And here we are with freedom.

You might think freedom is that I do whatever I want whenever I want. 

But if you look at it closer: you cut off on your personal freedom if you refuse to be able to follow your heart. Now, let me repeat that because it is very important. You cut off on your personal freedom if you refuse to be able to follow your heart.

But to follow our hearts does mean to take responsibility, make decisions and be able to commit ourselves to our decisions.  So to be free means to be able to commit ourselves and to keep our promises to ourselves. 

Again let’s take an example. If you decide that you want to quit smoking or drinking alcohol on a daily basis you are not free until you can’t follow through your decision. And when you made this decision and you fail: freedom is that you don’t put yourself down because of it. This is very important, because if you force yourself, than you're telling yourself:  "I have to". But with that comes in your subconscious: I have to, but if I could do it my way, I would do this:..... So by being patient, compassionate and easy-going with yourself, you allow yourself to achieve more, because you allow yourself to choose, and there's no "have to". Freedom is that you say: I am better than that. That is why I choose to do it again and this time I choose to be able to stay true to my decision. And you can do that as many times as you want. That makes you free. And than if you are really able to stay true to your decision, you may experience even bigger freedom as now you are not a slave of a habit, but a habit is your slave. You became master of yourself in something.

That is freedom.

To be able to commit ourselves and follow it through.

Freedom is to be able to feel compassion towards ourselves and others. Because compassion makes it possible to stay free of putting ourselves down in any way. If I can feel compassion towards myself I will accept myself as I am and I will not fight against anything in myself. That makes it a whole lot easier. If I can feel compassion towards others than I can understand them instead of judging them and so I can stop being angry at others who might not behave according to the highest vision I have about them. 

Also I can love people for who they are and not for who they think they are. Because who they really are is divine potential. But who they think they are – you can see that in how they behave. Because people behave according to who they think they are. But their behaviour is only their behaviour. It is not them. That can make me free of judging or putting down others and thus causing suffering for me and probably for others.

I can stop causing suffering for myself and others by seeing the purest, highest potential in them, instead of making them equal with what they do.

I can take responsibility for my reactions to what happens outside of me and inside of me and thus free myself  by making myself independent from circumstances.

Some people call that positive thinking. 

I call that right thinking.

Of course it takes time until one learns that because we are so much used to our old ways of thinking. It is natural. In the brain there are cells called neurons which through electronical impulses transfer information – that  happens when we think a thought. And if we think the same way several times a synapsis arises, which is a constant connection between those brain cells that transferred a certain electronical impulse, so that they make it easier for us to think that thought. Our brain helps us naturally to think faster. It is important because if it wouldn’t be so, than each time we see a fire, it would take minutes remembering not to put our hands in there or our skin will be burned. 

So the brain in it’s nature to help us, sometimes makes it very hard for us to take in new ways of thinking. It almost seems to be impossible to change those because the certain infos going on the certain way give us certain feelings in our body because they activate certain hormons. And we got used to it. And it happens much much faster than we would notice it! It actually happens before we could controll it. So to say we are addicts to certain thoughts because they give us certain feelings... It’s like a drug. Our brain is actually full of  wires. It is wired by synapsis.

So what is there to do if we for example want to change a habit of us? Let’s take an example again: let’s suppose I think that I am miserable. And let’s suppose I know about it. So everytime something „bad” happens to me I think: oh, yes this can happen only to me because I’m so miserable, I don’t deserve better, well, that’s how I am. But these thought’s go so fast that I may not even notice that this ran through my brain. I immediately have a certain bodily feeling. For example a slight pain in my stomach of somewhere around my heart or I become upset and my face gets red or white or green, whatever. And that is bad for me, but the way of the electronical impulses is alredy there – so I may think: I can’t do anything about it.

But that is not true. First of all I have to be very honest to myself and I have to be very aware of my thoughts and feelings. I have to listen to myself – whatever is going on in there, and I have to listen whithout judgement! 

So now I catched it.

We shall know that these „ways”, or synapsis arise through experience. I had an experience and I had this reaction to the experience – out of some reason, now I will not talk about the reasons... And than if another time something similar happened to me I had the same reaction again because that is a way I learned to deal with it. If something happens to me I deal with it somehow. (Most probably I learn dealing with things from my parents, or grandparents maybe sister, brother...or maybe right against them...)

So to rewrite the ways in the brain, or to let these certain cells to release each other, we have to have new experience. And if we are very conscious we can along the new experience also stop ourselves from putting ourselves down. But for that, we have to always be aware of our own thoughts! That means, that if something bad happens, and the usual casette would play: well, that’s how I am, I am so miserable – we stop ourselves thinking that and instead we can think something positive, like: something bad happened, and it is not about me. 

Speaking about experiences thit is why f.e. depression is so dangerous. These kind of connections arise and you can only stop them if you really want it. It becomes our comfort zone. 



In my utopia everyone would be aware of these informations and people could live in perfect peace with themselves and others...

Thank you for sharing. 

I love you. I really do.


Nincsenek megjegyzések: